The count down is on!
SHQ's Melbourne Cup Weekend at Sandy Point is set to kick off on November 1 and will be bigger and better than ever! We are proud to once again put on the biggest windsurf and SUP event in Victoria at the world famous windsurfing location Sandy Point. Again this year there will be heaps of fun events with tons of great prizes.
Online registration for the event is now available here and by registering for the full event now you give yourself the chance to win a $100 SHQ voucher drawn at the Spit Roast. Registration for SHQ's Melbourne Cup Event at Sandy Point has never been easier, simply "buy" the product off our site and you are entered!
The $45 registration fee for this 4 day Windsurf and Stand Up Paddle event includes;
- Entry to Saturday Nights Spit Roast at the surf lifesaving club with heaps of great prizes
- Victorian Wavesailing Competition with lifeguard support
- Victorian Freestyle Championship Entry (all levels from beginner to advanced)
- Speed Sailing competitions
- Stand Up Paddle Board, Wave Event
- Battle of the Paddle, SUP competition
- Fun relays and random races suited to the conditions
We will also have;
- Daily Briefing 9am at the Sandy Point Inlet
- SUP demo's at Sandy Points Front Beach
** Please note that everyone who enters our events must have WV membership or other state windsurfing organisation and those who are under 18 will need to bring a signed parents declaration on the day stating that the parent/legal guardian agrees to their participation in the event. A liability waiver will also need to be completed at the event prior to taking part.
Check out the videos from the past few years below.