SHQ MELBOURNE CUP 2015 SANDY POINT
VICTORIA’S BIGGEST AND BEST WINDSURF AND SUP EVENT!
FRIDAY - SE and 3-4 foot swell at open beaches in the afternoon
- Wavesailing Session at Woolamai, Phillip Island for anyone on the way to Sandy Point.
- Hudson and Kevin will be there at some point in the afternoon. Obviously this is not part of the event but you’re welcome to join us!
SATURDAY - light NE and roughly 2 foot swell at Sandy Point all day
- Registration at the surf beach, opposite the shops, from 10am.
- SUP Demos at the surf beach from 10am.
- SUP Waves Clinic at 1pm with SHQ and SIC Maui Team Rider Justin Ormonde and his assistant Hudson. SUP Surfing Expression Session to follow, and maybe we’ll give away some prizes.
- The World Famous SHQ Spit and BBQ Party from 6pm at the awesome Waratah Beach Surf Life Saving Club $15pp at the door ($10 for kids) including a massive feast cooked by Jono plus entry in the prize draw. Drinks to be purchased over the bar.
SUNDAY - SW change at 15-20 knots around midday
- Registration at the inlet event site from 10am.
- Flat-water SUP Demos at the inlet from 10am.
- SUP Paddle Technique Clinic and Introduction to the Art of Downwinders at 11am with SHQ and SIC Maui Team Rider Justin Ormonde and that other guy Hudson again. The SHQ "Melbourne SUP" Sprint Race to follow.
- Kids Windsurf Clinic at 1pm.
- Freestyle Clinic at 3pm with Fletcher, Kevin and Tim. Freestyle Team Challenge to follow.
MONDAY - WSW at 20-25 knots all day, still on 2 foot swell at Sandy Point
- Flat-water SUP Demos at the inlet event site from 10am.
- Gybe Clinic at 11am with Fletcher and Kevin. Carve Gybe Team Challenge to follow.
- The SHQ Melbourne Cup Windsurf Races at 3pm including divisions for Race (sails with cams), Freeride (no-cam sails) and Fun (SUP with a sail). You must be a current and paid up WV member to participate in this event.
- Wavesailing Clinic at 5pm with the world famous Al McLeod – he took at wrong turn off the southwest coast of Tasmania and ended up it some pretty massive waves – and also Hudson.
TUESDAY - strong Easterly
- No plans so it’s a back-up day or just time for free-sailing, demos and to practice what you've learnt. Ask the SHQ team if you have any ideas for us all to have even more fun!
Subscribe to our newsletter and always be the first to hear about what is happening.
© 2021 SHQ Boardsports. 100% RIDER OWNED SINCE 1979